SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celticmoon_gw

I'm hesitant to start stapling....vision check?

celticmoon
12 years ago

I have begun a 2 year project to furnish a Florida condo on a very thin dime. Craigslist & Goodwill all the way. We were going for a coastal, casual, comfortable vibe, but Frenchie stuff keeps finding its way to me.

First came the petite Hickory dining set (I plan to lighten it up). I couldn't resist the quality and unbeatable size flexibility up to seating 8.

Then this pair of Sherrill couches. A smaller pair of sofas was my best layout option and these had a bonus of curved backs to help traffic flow.

I gave up on reupholstering them - too ambitious - and decided to work with their coral color.

So now I am working on one of these that will go in a windowed alcove with a wicker rocker.

Here it is painted, waxed, etc. The seat and tufted back will be a solid light green, the pattern back insert is toward the couches.

Does this all seem too trite? Too matchy matchy? Part of me might prefer a spare and crisp modern white/aqua scenario, but that's harder pull off with Goodwill. And given the dogs and kids and chaos, 'worn and distressed' sounds pretty good.

I live in a contemporary house in the frozen tundra - so I don't know if I quite "get" the shabby chic, beachy thing...

I am supposed to start stapling in my upholstery class this afternoon. Forge on?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor