SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

BM's pregnant - I'm apprehensive

ceph
15 years ago

A__ told me today that BM is pregnant.

First, I'm baffled that she told her mom and A__ before she told her BF, and that she told him at 6 am when she was dropping him off at her mom's before school... (Just had to get that bewilderment off my chest)

But I'm a little worried about A__...

He already gets the short end of the stick for his mom's attention, and I'm concerned that BM and her BF will build a charming little "family" that leaves A__ out in the cold.

She has endometriosis, scoliosis, and high blood pressure. She had a high-risk pregnancy with A__, when she was 17 and none of these conditions were as severe as they are now. So I'm concerned about her health, for A__'s sake, her sake, and the baby's sake.

Amplifying this concern, she doesn't take care of herself very well and won't listen to her doctor. Like when she broke her ankle and cut her own cast off after two weeks because it was uncomfortable, or when her doctor said "don't sky-dive because if your blood pressure" but she did it anyways. So I'm worried that they'll put her on bedrest and she won't listen.

I'm worried because she only found out yesterday, and told A__ today. Miscarriages occur in about 25% of pregnancies, and although most adults know they are very common, A__ doesn't know that and won't understand if she miscarries.

I'm also concerned for her because two weeks ago she was telling me about how she wasn't certain that she was ready to commit long-term to her BF. She says he's wonderful and all that, but that she is still hesitant... But he's Catholic and I suspect will promptly propose, so I'm concerned that she will feel pressured to marry him, when she has some reservations. And this makes me worry that A__ will get pulled into a marriage that his mom didn't really want.

So I'm happy for her, and happy that A__ is so excited, just worried that he will wind up hurt in it all.

I asked A__ how he felt, and he said he was excited. So I was excited for him, but I told him that if he is nervous about anything, or has any questions, it's OK for him to ask, and that if he doesn't want to ask Mom, he can talk to me or dad. So it's normal and good to have questions about what will happen, and it's important to talk to a grown-up about it.

I needed to clear my head about this to people who will understand my concerns. Thanks all!

Any advice? (Other than try not to worry about things that are out of my hands?)

Comments (25)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio