SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcw12

Part 2 - spouse's ex 45 & pregnant w/ love child

mcw12
15 years ago

Here is Part 2 to the post I have cut & pasted below this one.

Ok I'm flying off of the handle now and need someone to help me see things straight because my blood is boiling! My first post is below and most of the follow ups from everyone said to just lend a sympathetic ear and stay out of it and let the ex and the kids process this on their own. THis is exactly what I have done. HOWEVER...my husband is saying he and his 25 year old daughter (my SD) were discussing names for this baby when he picked her and the ex up from the airport yesterday. WHen he received news that she was pregnant last week his reaction was that he was happy to see her moving on with her life and have this new guy (father of the baby)in her life to help with all the needyness. She's very needy and we have issues with her relying on my husband. He said he didn't want anything to do with any of this pregnancy drama and will now only get involved when his kids are a factor. So why on earth was he discussing names? I flipped out and told him that isn't something he should be discussing - that it is exactly the reaction and attention she is looking for and that he is trying to get away from. It's a sick, sick cycle. (Remember, she said she doesn't love the baby's father). His response to me was that he picks good names and that he and his daughter were saying they want to make sure this child has a good strong Irish name, not a stupid name. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I flew off the deep end and told him to set the boundary now because if he begins in on names she's going to continue to rely and push for his opinion on other things. I said well what about the baby's BF - he should be the one discussing this with her NOT you. And he said "this guy is a tool, everyone knows I pick good names - I've always named the dogs, blah blah blah. I feel like I live with a bunch of loonies! What in the hell have I gotten myself into with a blended family? What hurts most is the fact that we can't have our own biological children because he had a vasectomy and he doesn't want more kids and now to see him naming this baby with her makes my skin crawl!!!! WWYD? Please I need some fresh perspective before I jump out of my skin!

First Post from a few days ago:

Things have become quite complicated! My husband has 2 adult children ages 23 and 25 from previous marriage. We've had issues with his ex soliciting help from my husband over the past few years. (Airport pick ups, fixing things, etc). She has always acted like she hasn't been dating at all and didn't have anyone else who could help - so my husband helped out when he could. This past wknd she revealed that she is pregnant with a man's child she's been seeing over the past year and she's 45. She kept this "relationship" secret and claims she doesn't love this father but they are just good friends. Her daughter is 25 and freaking out. My husband is happy to see that she has moved on, but this has thrown everyone for a loop! This will be a biracial (father is black) child which is a non-issue for us but does add a new spin to this situation. She has remained involved with my husband's family and attends everything she's invited to (weddings, etc). I would love some advice on how I should handle this news when I see her son and daughter. Obviously this is her business - - but it does affect the dynamics for all of us in this for the rest of our lives.

Comments (13)