SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prncssmelnamoe

Soon to be step...EX wife issue's..

prncssmelnamoe
21 years ago

Hi~

I would like a little advice on some things that I am dealing with and struggling to accept as I am getting ready to marry my fiance and become a blended family.

A little back ground, my fiance moved in with me a year ago. I have 3 children (2, 4, 7) and he has 2 (3, 5). I have custody of mine and he has joint/visitation with every other weekend and holidays. He has always paid his child support on time, paid expenses as their arise, and so forth.

Here are the issue's. His ex wife (big suprise huh) She calls atleast every day if not 2-3 times a day. It wouldn't be a problem if she was calling about the kids, but she doesn't. She also doesn't limit her calls to decent times. i finaly had to unplug my bedroom phone so it didn't wake up the kids when she would call at 11pm or midnight. When she does call she keeps my fiance on the phone for hours. For example, she asked us to buy the 5 y/o clothes. So we did. We gave them to her and she calls complaining that they are the wrong sizes (they weren't) then they were the wrong color, style, what ever. She keeps my fiance on the phone for 2 hours complaining about the clothes, then starts in about needing help with paying her car payment and that he needs to help because she needs the transportation for the kids (mind you he was paying $1,000.00 a month in CS) The fallowing week, she sends all the clothes we bought back to us. He has had to take her back to court because she won't fallow the court appointed visitation (either she can't make the drive, doesn't have the money for gas ect..)

My problems is I am getting very frustrated with him. I don't see why he has to sit and listen to her for hours on the phone (she even complains about her job, boyfriend, her current hair style isn't working out) He will talk to her and make decisions that affect me, w/o talking to me first. We just had his kids for 14 days because she went on vacation (it was wonderful, but that's besides the point) the night before she was suppose to pick them up she calls him and tells him she can't make it for 2 more days. He works full time and I am a SAHM. so that leaves me with the responsibility. I love those kids and have no problem watching them. I do have a HUGE issues with her calling to change the plans, him agreeing and then TELLING me afterwards. Not asking, not discussing. I had two doctors appointments and a tutoring session that i had to cancel.

I feel like she is taking advantage of me and he is letting her. She does everything she can to undermine our relationship and to try and alienate me. I am trying to find ways to deal with this. i love my fiance and his children more than anything and will not give them up. Any suggestions on how to deal with and ex who just won't move on?

Thank you!

Comments (20)