SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjlinva

I'm New To Orchids

rjlinva
13 years ago

Greetings.

I'm new to orchids, and have been checking out the posts on this forum for a little while. I'm a regular poster on the antique rose forum, but, I have not really tried my hand at orchids until recently...and, I dove in full force. I had received one phalaenopsis on Valentine's Day...and it still looks good. A colleague said she had 15 orchids blooming in her house and thought my house would be perfect for them, so I've started collecting. I'm an addict already...close to 100 different varieties in 2 months.

I think I have some good areas in my home to grow a variety of orchids (a bright sunroom, some sunny windows, and places outdoors to place them in the summer.) I might even be able to winterize my greenhouse. Currently I use it for propagation of roses.

I have purchased from Chadwick and Hauserman as well as eBay and the box stores so far.

I'm interested in success at this time. I've been checking out Orchids dot com, and I have a wishlist from them. Is this a good place?

Because I don't have many cattleyas yet, I'd like to add to my growing collection, and I have made a wish list from orchids dot com.

Can anyone tell me whether these are good for a beginner?

Lc. Blue Angel 'Glove' SM/JOGA

Blc. Ports of Paradise 'Gleneyrie's Green Giant' FCC/AOS

Lc. Purple Cascade 'Fragrance Princess'

Blc. Pamela Finney 'Victory'

Lc. Loog Tone 'African Queen'

C. dowiana var. aurea

Epc. Siam Jade 'Sweet Fragrance'

Blc. Ports of Paradise 'Green Ching Hua' AM/AOS

I will be joining the local orchid societies soon.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

Comments (9)