SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Help me bring this house up to the next level please.

zipdee
16 years ago

We finally are about half way through putting the roof on the house. This of course turned out to be quite the project, we found all sorts of 'nasties' the last roofers left. Plus the roof line is so cut up, it goes slow. About the time we were wrapping up last night ( to pick up again this weekend ) the rain started to pour down on us, thankfully we got it in the dry though. Who knew it still rained in NC ?! ;)

So please excuse all the mess, everything just got flug on the porch out of the rain. Shingles and felt paper stacked hurry scurry. We started out front first so the girls and I could decorate a bit this weekend for Halloween, this year got messed up with the work outside. The house is still in the middle of the 'uglies', trim off, stuff all over the place, we need to take muric acid to the brick and clean it, etc. I'm fairly certain we've decided to take the concrete walk up and put down brick pavers.

I would like some help on changing out the door .. that door has never been my favorite with this house. Maybe a new door and side lights, what style of door? Also should I go with a solid wood and then white side lights or a painted door and if so what color. I need to figure out if I want to keep the shutters or remove them .. if kept, what color to paint? I'd also love ideas for porch floor color to tie it in. Any other suggestion you have to make would be welcome too. :)

Messy house with part of the new roof on, the ridge cap is on one side .. the other side was just quickly zipped up so it wouldn't leak ..

{{!gwi}}

Comments (17)