SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Width of plank on Brazilian Cherry Engineered Wood Floors

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

The three rooms I am installing Engineered Brazilian Cherry floors are only 12" wide with one room being two rooms combined with a half of a wall long and high between them that is 373 square feet. The other room is 191 square feet including the little landing that connects the two rooms.

I was all ready to call tomorrow to buy the 3.25" Brazilian Cherry Triangulo Engineered Wood floors (12" to 42" wide boards with a thick wear layer) since I got a great installed price that including moving all my heavy furniture in my home office. I am wondering if I should call to get an installed price tomorrow on the 5" wide version of the same floor due to longer boards (26" to 86").

For those members with Exotic Wood Floors, what width plank did you choose and why?

One friend tells me I will not have the same pretty color variation with the wider plank. My other friend feels the wider plank will look less busy and be more modern. I wish I had big plank samples to see the look on my floor. I know I like the 3.25" size better than the 3" and lower width sizes. I do love the foot long samples of the 3.25" floor I was sent by a member on the list but I have no decent 5" wide samples to compare it with. I just wish the floor came in longer lengths.

Many people are installing the wider floors in very dark colors (much darker than BC) in my complex. I looked at their floors and loved the width making the room look bigger but their floors are stained and are almost all one solid color so that could be why their floors make the room look bigger plus their rooms are designed as modern with no much furniture in them.

My farther away neighbor's floors are Engineered Brazilian Cherry and I love the color and variation but the 2.25" width is too skinny for me.

Another neighbor installed natural oak with no stain over s sub-floor on the concrete slab in the 3" width boards but will only let me see it from her window.

I also plan to look at the Cashmere Mirage Brazilian Cherry Chinchette recommends that I loved in her home from the pics she had sent in to the Kitchen Forum on the post about liking dark floors but if it is a lot more money, I will have to go with the Triangulo due to major expenses I have been experiencing due to forced upgrades since everything seems to be needing to be replaced all at once.

Comments (21)