SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_630608200

Mirage Brazilian Cherry Engineered Wood floor

Molo Yo
5 years ago

I just received my shipment of Mirage Brazilian Cherry engineered wood flooring and noticed that many of the pieces are densely covered with pinholes or small pits of varying sizes. Mirage and the dealer tells me it’s within industry standards and acceptable range and that it shouldn’t be a problem. Besides the concern that it could lead to a problem down the road there’s also the simple fact that it doesn’t look good. I understand wood is a natural product and will have imperfections and variations, But seems to me with ‘Exclusive’ grading which allows for color variations the manufacturer should weed out the pieces densely covered with pinholes. I am trying to find out whether it is even true that Jatoba wood in general have pinholes or very large pores? Is it a characteristic of all Jatoba or just to inferior lower cost or improperly processed Jatoba? I haven’t install the floors yet and am at a crossroad on deciding what to do.

Also can anyone point out where to find more information on these standards and acceptable rangeS? I looked at National Wood Floor Association web site but didn’t find anything.

Thanks.

Comments (18)