SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Floating 3.25' Triangulo BR-111 Engineered Brazilian Cherry

susanlynn2012
14 years ago

Floating 3.25" Triangulo BR-111 Engineered Brazilian Cherry? To glue the wood, I may have to seal the floor and it would take up more days and all the rooms would have to be moved out instead of doing one room at a time.

Another installer was here today that feels my slab is dry ( I am currently doing my own test for moisture and will know tomorrow if the saran wrap has moisture on it.. my townhouse was built on the preserved wetlands 19.5 years ago) but feels that I should float the floor but wishes I would go with the 5" wide 1/2" thick BR-111 Brazilian Cherry Triangulo Engineered Wood floors rather than the 3.25" planks. A few days ago, another installer said he would float the 3.25" and felt that the heavy file cabinets would not be a problem since I have file cabinets in the middle of the room and furniture on the other side of the wall also to balance everything.

Finally the installer here yesterday hates floated floors and would like to seal the floor and glue down the 5" wide BR-111 Brazilian Cherry Floors.

I also like the Coswick Rift and Quartersawn White Oak Engineered Floors 3.25" wide with the Auburn stain but I think I read on the website that it can only be glued down (I don't see why it can't be floated since the planks go together so nicely) and has a 6 week wait time to be here when I am finally ready to do my floors.

I have hardly any samples that are 5" wide so it is difficult to imagine such a wide floor in my little space.

I measured the three rooms and my measurement was 573 while the installer was 575 today. The installer told me to order the wood online versus the store a few days ago would order it for me. I am still not sure what amount of waste I should order.

I also wish to paint behind the cabinets (the last painter lied to me and never painted behind the cabinets and missed spots in the room but he was lucky the Linen White color was so close to the white walls before hand... I want to pain the room Bone White) so if I order the wood and have clients help me move the cabinets so I can repaint the room, then maybe it is OK to have an installer do everything else? I just have no idea what transition pieces to order.

Comments (6)