SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurmela

Do you have a catch all room?

laurmela
15 years ago

A room where everything goes when no one knows where it goes?

After redoing every room in the house, this is the room I have left. It is the office, sewing room and throw stuff when you don't know where else to put it room!

I know what I want to do with it, but just the thought of going through it is daunting! I think I just want to dump everything in bins and go from there.

I really want to get my sewing table set up desperately, so maybe that will be my motivation. I have always wanted to make a sewing table out of a hollow core door at a good height for cutting. That gives me lots of room for sewing and cutting out quilt squares as well.

That will be on one wall, I will skirt it so I can stow organizers and a fridge underneath!

Then I will put a new functional desk under the window and make sure I have plenty of file space and drawer space. Never enough of that. I have a organizer shelf unit that is now in the closet, I want to bring that out, add some decorative trim to it and use it for storage and put a cork board on the outside.

The only other wall is next to the closet and I want to put up shelves to store my fabrics and scrapbook stuff.

This is the only room with double doors and I thought about doing pocket doors, but the expense is too much, so I just may do what I did with the kids bath and do an outside pocket door.

I hope you don't mind me running this by you all, but you are all such a wealth of knowledge! After all the little trim work is done with the rest of the house, this is my project. It is my room, all mine!

Thanks,

Laura

Comments (12)