SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunny631

under the stairs...a catch all???

sunny631
14 years ago

Unfortunately, as soon as you walk into my house you are in front of stairs. Two steps forward and you can see under the steps. I don't know about you guys but for me it has turned into a catch all for things that don't have a "home" I live in a smaller house and storage is a bit of a problem. I do have extra cabinet space in the kitchen but the stuff under there so isn't "kitchen" stuff. Like my large box of computer accessories. Or the extra floor tile I want to put to good use but haven't figured out how. Or gallons of paint that's still good. Or hubbies tool box. And who knows what else?

So my question is...what do I do w/ the stuff. ( I am not tossing it!) We keep our house with the minimal amount of stuff but if I paid for something and have some left over I try to find another use for it. Like the paint. I intend to use on the upstairs bathroom. One day. The floor tiles...I have no idea.Maybe I could use that there too.

Is there a clever way to disguise that mess under there? Or another way to utilize the space? I suppose if I turned it into something functional I would be forced to find a "home" for this stuff. But I am at a loss.

Comments (20)