SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
work_in_progress_08_gw

Technical Question - Drapery Hanging

Loribee posted a pic of drapery in her L/R fall reno. A JCP drapery was suggested as an alternative, as Loribee's drapery was from another source, no longer available. Anyhoo, the drapes from JCP have now arrived and I am stumped.

The drapes - sorry, but this is the only way I know how to post the pic of the drapery from the online source:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=74898&CatID=74898&Grptyp=ENS&ItemId=17c878f&cm_mmc=ShoppingFeed--Google--Window-_-JCP%20Home%20Parkwood%20Rod%20Pocket%20Back%20Tab%20Coordinate%20%20Black%20Chocolate%20Ivory

Instructions online say the drapes can be hung on rings from back tabs. Well there are only 6 tabs total on each 50" panel. I have the decorative rods, rings, clips, drapery pins, etc. (all of which I want to use as they were a significant investment, at least too much $$ to just discard).

I attempted to hang one panel so far. Disaster. Looks terrible. Of course, it needs to be pressed, but still doesn't look right. I am wondering if they meant by using the tabs, that you could put the rod thru the tabs as opposed to shirring?

Have you ever done this, or can you explain how I would go about using the clips on this back tab set-up to achieve the look I am after, same as sheer pictured below. The sheers are hung with a drapery pin, said pin being put thru the hole between the ring and the clip, so that the clip itself becomes invisible. In other words, I just wanted to switch the drapery panel out for the pinch pleated sheers already in place, for winter/fall. Easy/peasy, you would think - NOT FOR ME. lol

This is my current pinch pleat sheer & a pic of the back of the drapery panel showing the tab (hard to see, to the left side of middle of the pic - tab is approx 2"x2" raised) sorry for the bad pic. There are 6 tabs per 50" panel.

The only other suggestion is to shir on the rod, which I definitely do not want to do, and probably would return the drapery before going down that road. Don't care for that look in my room. DH hates drapery and these are just to frame the large windows in my LR/DR/Foyer areas.

I am hoping that one of you talented decorators on this forum can explain how to do it my way, or an alternative solution that will work in our home. LOL

I cannot imagine these "tabs" are for rings, clips and/or drapery pins, as there are so few on each panel. More importantly, how do I hang them properly from the tabs using the rings/clips and/or drapery pins, doesn't seem to look right.

Example A: This is what I have done per online instructions.

TIA.

Comments (11)