SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nthemdl

Stalled!! Please help with guest room. (pics)

nthemdl
15 years ago

Late this summer my daughter decided to give up her bedroom and let me turn it into a guest room, and we turned the old guest room into her home from college room/office.

She had a great plan and some excellent ideas, but returned to college before the room was finished.

Now I am stuck and do not know what to do, as I really do not know how to attain the "Paris Apartment" look she was hoping for.

We painted the walls SW Latte and it is a very nice neutral color. Th trim was painted a custom, creamy white with SW Pro-Classic. The trim now matches the rest of the trim in the house. The door will be replaced with creamy white 6 panel door, as will the closet doors.

The bed and dresser stay, they are a reddish cherry.

We found a cute little accent table at Ross for $50 and I think it should stay too. My daughter took the pictures on the wall when we were in Paris last year. She would like to keep those too.

Everything else is up for change. She was hoping for an over the top chandelier, but I am a bit scared that I will choose wrong. The ceilings are standard 8 foot ceilings and I think the fixture needs to be no more than 20 inches long and no more than 22 inches wide.

The bedding is stuff I had from the old guest room, but there is also a duvet cover that I found still in the packaging that is more of a large graphic damask instead of the traditional bedding on the bed.

The area over the bed is completely bare and I am at a total loss.

Can anyone give me some solid ideas fast? I have house guests the end of next month and I will would like to have a finished room for them.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)