SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoyamom_gw

Help Guest room redesign - please?

hoyamom
15 years ago

Ok, this is my last room and I am anxious to get if finished before company comes for the holidays. I hope you guys can help.

The room was my DD's but she only used it a few weeks at a time during college breaks (she didn't grow up in this house bc we bought it while she was in college so she has no attachment to the room). To make her feel at home she picked out the wall color and the bedspread but now I want to turn it into a guest room.

Here are some pictures of how it used to be. The dresser is now gone as is the TV stand, curtains, bedspread etc. The only thing that is staying is the chaise and the queen bed.

So finally I went out and bought a headboard and two end tables. I bought one table to put next to the bed with a lamp (the left side is not deep enough to put a matching one bc it runs into the closet doors) and another table to put where the long dresser used to be so I can put a TV on it. So here is a picture of the bed and the tables. The wood is coffee bean with nickel handles.

Now my question is - if you were starting over - and you wanted a spa-like restful guest room - what color would you paint?, what accent color?, I would like a white duvet like Restoration Hardware but I can't make up my mind as to what color. The room is on the south side of the house and it has a double window and already has blinds.

If you could help that would be GREAT!

Thanks!

Comments (16)