SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finedreams

holiday:stress or happiness?

finedreams
16 years ago

Don't holiday and family times supposed to be happy times or sources of stress???

I have to vent!

Since I know my SO I observe him and his family around holidays.

Holidays and school breaks are sources of pain and frustration for my SO isntead of source of happiness.

Both grown daughters (26 lives out of state very demanding and spoiled) and 19 (goes to colleg out of town-also spoiled) come home for holidays and breaks and stay with dad, never with mom.

While they stay with him they demand constant attention. He cooks very well, so he cooks daily elaborate meals. He also cleans. He spends enormous amount of money on his daughters, enormous.

Daughters have bad relationship with their mother and don't like mom's boyfriend so they talk days and nights about their mom and her BF. My BF's X left him for the other man without warning so he had hard time moving on due to anger. Now when he moved on and is happy he feels down and depressed listening about his X. Both DDs bring him down with their arguments either with each other or with mom over the phone.

He told his DDs to figure out relationship with mom without telling him. It does not help. They still drag him into that.

Even my BF's cat is distraught when his DDs are here. The cat constantly goes to the bathroom or barfs all over their stuff, their clothes, their beds, cat never ever does that around me or my DD!

My DD is home from college and I am very busy with her, plus I and she have other family here who all want to spend time with me and DD. So i cannot spend much time with BF.

His DDs constantly wash their clothes so he didnot do his laundry like forever. They never ask to help him with anything. He serves them hand and foot. If DDs go to BM for only few hours they come back angry about something and talk and talk about mom nonstop. BF is exausted and stressed after each holiday.

I want my holiday times to be good times espcially since DD is back from college for only two weeks and who knows when i am going to see her next time (college is very far away). I cannot allow myself to be depressed over his DDs!

Older DD has no friends. She grew up in this state, went to school and college and yet not one friend! has no relationship with mom. BM's family lives out of state but Dds have no relationship with them. BF's family is not here, very far away. So there are no other people to spend time with DDs so he can at least lay down and rest. He got throat infection now and is sick, DDs don't care and keep demanding attention.

All this effects our relationship and me because it depresses me. My DD is leaving in few days, this time is precious. I and DD had a good time at my aunt and uncle today at lunch time. Then we went to my brothers because his family wanted to spend time with DD. We played board games for hours and now DD went with her cousin to a coffeeshop for an hour. I was in a great mood until I had to listen again about BM, DDs driving everyone nuts, Bf cooking and being tired.

Every holiday BF says that he will not be serving hand and foot anymore and will not be running and driving to malls and spending thousands of dollars, and yet holidays come and it is all over again!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor