SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnagwd

Drapery panels for DR pics - need suggestions

donnagwd
15 years ago

I need help from some of you wonderful experts - I'm a long-time lurker and I look in every summer for inspiration when I'm able to work on home projects. This year we converted our former LR into the DR and opened up the wall between the new DR and family room with french doors.

I need new drapes for the new DR and am posting several views. The walls are BM Stone House in both family room and DR with cream trim - I don't remember the exact shade. I'd like something silk but not too formal without breaking the bank. The windows are wonderfully large and I'm measuring 84 inches from the top edge of the windows to the floor. (The windows themselves are being replaced currently - seals are bad thus the milky look to the windows in the photos.) The plantation shutters will not go back up once the windows are replaced. Are there any fabulous internet shopping sites for the perfect silk drape for these windows?

The adjoining family room repeats the some of the same neutrals. The couch is mossy green ultrasuede with accent pillows of chocolate, rust gold and mossy green. Two side chairs not pictured in the family room are rust.

These are the DR windows as viewed from the family room:{{!gwi}}

These are the window treatments in the family room - they're not as grey as photographed and are a twill taupe similar to linen from Tarjay.{{!gwi}}

Another DR view of end wall and part of the large front windows. {{!gwi}}

Any other suggestions are welcomed! I'd like a serene tranquil look to this room. (Oh, and another question: is the vase on the DR table too eclectic for this room?)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals