SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Help me choose a foyer rug!

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

Now that I have my LR rug (thanks OSH!) I'm ready to pick out a rug for my foyer. My foyer is between the LR and DR and open to both. I am not 100% enamoured with my DR rug (a vintage Karastan I picked up for $300 on CL) and can see myself replacing that at some point. My LR is definitely a keeper so as far as color match, I'd give preference to that. The floor in the foyer is travertine which we spent a fortune to put in so I don't want to cover it up--just a smaller rug in front of the door is what I am envisioning. I'm thinking either a used Karastan or hand-knotted Oriental rug (about 2x4 or 3x5) I can pick up for under $100 on eBay. If I put a third pattern rug in this vicinity is that too much? I like some of the smaller area rugs that OSH has in her home--so I'm hoping school has not started yet and she can chime in what type of rugs they are to point me in the right direction.

Here are a few pics of my space.

Entry:

{{gwi:1792967}}

View from LR:

{{gwi:1792968}}

View from DR:

{{gwi:1792969}}

On a side note, the fringe on this rug is in a bad state and never looks good. Would it be sacriligeous to trim it? Or even take all the fringe off and put a new one? Karastan fringe is sewn on as it's not hand-knotted.

Comments (24)