SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windchime_gw

Need a flush mount light fixture for wet area. Too much to ask?

windchime
15 years ago

I can't find one anywhere. Every fixture I see says it's for dry locations, except the obviously outdoor fixtures. I need this for my bathroom, which is very steamy. Original fixture is 50+ yrs old, and stopped working, and then flickers on sometimes. Seems dangerous, so I haven't turned it on in over 6 mos. I have another fixture above the medicine cabinet, so no, I'm not showering in the dark. Now I'm sure that many of you will suggest that I just install a fan to reduce the steam problem, but that's no going to work for me, because I don't see it as a problem. I like a HOT shower, and a *very* steamy bathroom, or else I feel cold. Brrrrr. So rest assured, that if I ever installed a fan, it would *never* get turned on! And I'm not even a kidding a little bit. LOL! I do have a window, which stays open all summer, since the humidity outside does not cause my steam to disappear, but it never gets opened in the winter. Brrrr. Anyway, all I want is a light fixture that can handle the moisture. Just to give you an idea, after a shower, water drips from the ceiling. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Comments (3)