SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_butler99

Open floor plan and flush mount lighting help

Ashley Butler
5 years ago
I’d like to add some flush (or semi) mount lighting in these areas. I just can’t decide on what to do! My style is more transitional, so hopefully someone can help. We have a very open floor plan which I think is making it hard for me. In the entry we have 3 canned lights, so I can’t decide if all 3 get replaced or not. Or if I just do the one above the door. I also have this ugly fan in the formal living room that I’d like switched out. It’s not really necessary to have a fan there, but I’m not opposed to a more updated one. If I were to do a light here, what lights for the canned lighting?

I’m the hallway upstairs there are 3 main canned lights. To the left and right are alcoves before bedrooms. I think it’d be fun to have light fixtures in the alcoves AND replace the cans in the hallway. As you can see, it’s very open though and you can see it from my first floor. I’d really appreciate the help!

I’ve also attached my kitchen (in another comment) so you can see the lighting in there. Thank you!!

Comments (11)