SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctsnicholas

Bright (High Lumen) LED flush-mount ultra-thin light?

ctsnicholas
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am seeking out some high lumen low profile flush mount led light fixtures.

I started with HALO brand and model like this but was quickly turned off by the price and amount of work it takes to install with such a large LED driver and having to twist the fixture into the bracket WHILE lining up the driver and the two tiny wires. So I quickly changed to try the "newer" version that does not have the driver that is a PITA but was immediately turned off by how dim (low lumens) this light provided.

This lead me to begin searching other vendors online and I see many charge an arm and a leg for designer style lights that still put out crap for lumens. Amazon sells a few different lights similar to what I want but they are proving to be cheap quality of light so far (more on the way). Cheap as in, the LED's are placed in a tight pattern meaning the light doesn't flood out and when looking at the fixture when it's on (I know, not commonly done) but you can see the LED's location which is not right. The HALO brand is good about this and they look very nice in those terms. This is assumed though after taking in account the price difference.

I am slowly leaning towards an old-school semi flush mount fixture that uses a standard E26 bulb socket and just installing those everywhere to get the proper lighting and foregoing the aesthetics of slim fixture design!

Comments (12)