SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Help Needed With LED Lighting, Please!

User
10 years ago

So we are now replacing expensive halogen bulbs in exterior flood lights about every three months,l. We've replaced some of the fixtures and bulbs with "better" quality ones from a lighting supply because everything available at home stores is cheap junk from China. Today electrician, who came to look at expensive light fixture he replaced about 8 months ago but keeps burning up bulbs, told me we need to go to LED.

He recommended Atlas brand and told me I should buy them myself (to avoid his company markup) and have him install them. He said we could choose the color of light warmth by each fixture-- which was not the case when I went to their site. And the lights are upwards of $200 each, before installation. They are guaranteed for five years only. And I need 13 of these!

So I went to other sites and have found the sealed fixtures for $80, which seems more reasonable. But you cannot specify the warmth of the LED color of light, and I absolutely HATE that bright blue interrogation color that most LEDs seem to be.

Has anyone seen, bought, tried, or has any knowledge of LED outdoor floods with a warmer, more natural color, suitable for residential use? I need lights roughly the equivalent of 300 or 500 watt halogen lights. I've plowed thru several retail sites and don't see anything that says "equivalent to" other lights, specifically halogens. Anybody out there already made this change?

Comments (16)