SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbiemom23

Advice needed

21 years ago

I am a 29 year old stepmom who until two months ago got along wonderfully with my second stepson Steve. (Steve is my husbands son from a prior marriage.)Steve lived with the ex for most of his life with his money grubbing mother (who cheated on my husband during their 15 year marriage and forgets about her kids on their birthdays etc...)until he took a fire extinguisher to a school toilet and caused massage damage to the toilet and the surrounding walls. Conmsequently steve was expelled and shipped out to us. Two years later and 45 suspensions and expulsion for setting a kids hair on fire led to Steve's expulsion. Despite the hell that he put us through we tried to keep him in town, but the school system stated if he was to stay that he would need to go to a juvenile program. steve went out to

his mothers for the summer and came back a different child.

His actions were rude and his position was that at 16 he was the ruler of the house-not us. My husband was forced to leave town for the first week of school and I knew this was not going to be fun. After the first day-Steve promptly informed me that he would not be retuning to school and said there wasnt anything i could do about it. He proceeded to skip school the next day and gave me a hard time when i reprimanded him. I explained to him that he had run out of options and we werent putting up with his attitude-he told me to f off and became violent-screaming at me throwing things ponding on the walls etc..i was so scared at what he might do to himself or me that i called 911-they ended up booking him for assault even though he never touched me-i think my husband blames me but to be quite honest i dont feel sorry for standing uo to my stepson-no one has had the strength to teach him a lesson and i called his bluff. Now he wants to come back out to visit for Christmas and I am not ready-i have been trying to keep my marriage at an even keel as my husband treats the matter like he died. I am to the point that I am actually thinking of working on the holiday just to stay out of the house-am i wrong for feeling this way? has anyone been thu this or have any advice?? thank you for reading my story i hope someone can help shed some light-thanks :)

Comments (3)