SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpmom

I'm back! Need to make some final decisions. Expert Advice Needed!

jpmom
8 years ago

Our plans for our kitchen update are moving right along and we are just about ready to start.

My husband would LOVE a wine fridge. The only space we have (well, it's the only "easy", least invasive space) is in the wet bar. We would remove the sink and base cabinet and install it there (far right lower). Problem is - we have to lose the counter.

We are painting all the perimeter cabs Simply White and keeping the perimeter countertops (Volga Blue, reads black).

We are paining the island Ebony (not true black - but not dark gray). We are replacing the island top with a light quartz, yet to be chosen.

If we do the wine fridge, we will have to replace the counter. Can't buy a whole slab of Volga Blue granite for just a small counter…. So, we are thinking of matching the island and the bar area. The bar area will have a bluish/gray subway tile backsplash.

(I have a kitchen post that is very photo heavy with a more detailed description of the space, if you are interested)

Here are a couple photos:

Wet bar - straight on:

Wet bar to the left:

Wet bar, not in photo, but behind to the right:

Should the bar area match the rest of the perimeter, or is it ok to match it to the island?

Comments (8)