SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

losing my patience! (sorry it is long)

mom2emall
16 years ago

So my sd is causing me to go CRAZY! When I first met my sd, after my dh and I got serious, I knew that she required a lot of patience. I spent endless hours helping her with homework and misc. stuff. She was ALWAYS the last one ready whenever we went anywhere because she moves so darn slow! I have worked really hard with her to get her on track. She has made lots of progress.

Then, her mom moved out of state last year and she regressed a little bit. Within about 2 months after that she was back on track and quite wonderful. Then she went to visit her mom for a few weeks this summer and has been a mess since she returned. I know that a lot of brainwashing went on there. My dh and I have been patient, but mine is running out!

Since she came home she has been talking back, not doing what is asked of her, not paying attention at school, and being so slow to do anything and everything! The other day I was helping her with homework and her answers were WAY off on most of the page. So I started helping her fix them and then had her do the last half on her own. She again got most of them wrong. I asked her what the deal was and if she read the questions and she finally admitted to just circling anything! I told her how upset I was and told her I was done helping, she could fix the answers on her own or leave them and get a bad grade!

Then this week she had study words written in her assignment book. Every nite I asked her where her words are and she said she had no spelling list. I wrote a note to her teacher in her book, but got no response. On Wed she brought home a paper that looked like a practice spelling test and I asked her if it was her spelling words and she said that it was not, it was just some practice thing her teacher had her do but it was not spelling. Well Friday she failed her spelling test, it was on the words I saw Wednesday! She says that she had no idea those were her spelling words??? DUH!!!

Then today she took 45 minutes in the shower knowing that there were 3 more people waiting to shower and we were all knocking on the door telling her to finish! After that I told her to go brush her teeth and hair. 10 minutes later I walked into the familyroom and saw her watching t.v. She jumped up when she saw me and went to go brush her hair and teeth! When I asked her why she was watching tv instead of doing what she was told she said "Oh, sorry" really snotty! I then walked into the kitchen and saw only her breakfast plate and glass. I told her she needed to clean it up and she began telling me it was not hers! So, I called the other kids in and they all confirmed that it was hers. Then she stomped her feet loudly as she cleaned it up. I asked her why she lied and she said "I don't know"!

So, while me and the other kids went out today to the park, I left her at home with her dad. I told her that her behavior was not acceptable and I refuse to take her anywhere until it changes! She said ok and walked off like it did not matter to her!

My dh and I do not know what to do with this new attitude! She was always slower at doing stuff and needed more help in school, but now she just does not try and she has a bad attitude! We try not to nitpick her, and have let minor things go.

Any suggestions?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz