SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lanagram

Disappointed with new wimdows

lanagram
9 years ago

I have been following this board for a while and took the opportunity to view some of the windows recommended here. Based on a few contractors we interviewed we finally decided on a good brand most here seem to like.
Without mentioning the brand( i should but will refrain), we had all 22 windows installed a week ago. 19 double hung windows and 3 slider windows.
We are happy with the install but EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with the screens on our windows. They seem very weak and bend rather easily. I guess its the frame that surrounds the screen material that i am referring too.

We called our contractor who promptly stopped by and basically shook his head and said there is nothing he could do, " thats the way they are made".
Are you serious ! How a company with the reputation this one has use such a low quality screen makes me want to pull hair out of my head. We paid a lot of money for this project and this is something i wouldnt expect.
My husband and I both work very hard and to see a company cut corners like that is truly infuriating,
The fella's who are so helpful on this forum probably have an idea as to which company i am complaining about. Well, i had to vent and perhaps this gets through to management and changes are immediately made,

Comments (40)