SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rielle2008

Sickening Step Family Situation

rielle2008
15 years ago

Hello Members! How glad I am that I've found this place. Somewhere that people, Step Parents, First Wives, Adult Step Children and all speak their minds so strongly. I have been reading here for a few weeks before joining. I hope Some of you can help me.....

My Mother's DH (SF) came into my life about 15 years ago. Our introduction was far from the ideal way to introduce your child to a new love interest. I caught them half dressed, frantically throwing on clothing in the living room one afternoon when I came home early from High School. I was 16. I was disgusted and physically ill. I knew he was married, but both her children's fathers were married men so sadly it didn't surprise me. Neither of us have the fathers name on our birth certificates.

What did shock me was when he moved in 2 days later and I was unceremoniously told that from now on he would be handing out the discipline from now on. If I didn't like "His" rules I could get out of "His" house and not bother coming back. I already had one abusive parent, I didn't need 2. I left and moved in with my 18yo boyfriend. I had nowhere else to go. I turned 17 that Weekend.

Over the next few years life went on. I got married and divorced, the made it official and got married (mother and Stepfather). As long as my contact was infrequent but enough to be "acceptable" things peaceful. I had long ago learnt to detach from them and not give them space in my head.

Then 5 years ago things went horribly wrong. My younger sister who had always been SF's golden child suddenly became afraid of him. She was 16 and had gotten her licence. He helped her buy her first car. And of course like any teenager she wanted to hang with her friends on the weekends after shoot and working after school every day. SF started to follow her everywhere after school, he followed her when she went out with her friends, he interrogated her, accused her of being a whore and his behaviour quickly became more and more irrational. At the same time he was blaming "my influence". (I lived at least 3 hours away and hadn't Seen them in 18 months).

2 weeks later she tried to lease. He exploded. In short he attacked her. Poured fuel over her car and when she tried lo stop him towing the car away to burn it he hit her with his. When the law was on its way he fled and then in his phsycotic state he drove to my home and attacked me. What did he get for his performance? A few months in a nice cushy clinic. And as for my "Mother" (using the term loosely), She took him back. She was told what this world mean. that she could not expect to have a Cosy relationship with her eldest daughter if she did.

I was ill for quite a while after the attack. I felt like I'd never be safe again. I already had issues that until then had always been highly successfully managed. Not after that. My world was torn apart. That little part in us, that little glimmer that in the worst of circumstances your mother would protect you was destroyed. I was alone as I watched her turn her back and scurry off to Step Father, My Filthy Attacker.

5 years later the complaints from "Them" are plenty. I'm not being fair. It's all water under the bridge. Why cant I let by gones be by gones?. Basically they want me to play happy step families and I WILL NOT. Hearing his voice on the phone literally makes me bolt for the bathroom and I shake like a leaf. Besides that every visitor even IM session with the big M (mother) is a litany of how mean and unfair I am making her choose. (I never said she had to choose, just dont bring Stepfather to my house ect). I'm Sorry for the absurd length of this first post ladies I but once I started it just all came out. (This is the Readers digest version).

This is the first time I have spoken of it outside of my partner, doctor and best friend. So fire away.

Comments (7)