SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

UPDATE: Daughter House Painted

nhb22
10 years ago

My daughter and SIL finally have their house painted, although the carpenter/painter is still working on their stairs that had to be rebuilt.

Thank you all for your suggestions. (Original thread in link below.) I think the house turned out just fine and should please those that thought the house should remain yellow. :) It's a tan with yellow undertones. The house looks better in person than the whole house AFTER photo. The front porch pictures show a more accurate coloring. Although you cannot see from the original, the shutters went from green to black and the light fixtures were painted.

Here are the before and afters:

BEFORE

AFTER

Screened Porch BEFORE

Screened Porch AFTER

Front Porch AFTER

Existing white wrought iron was painted black for a seating area at end of porch. Today, they are buying two black rockers for the stair end of the front porch.

Now, although I said the house turned out fine, I still think that the lattice part needs something. What do you think of painting a facial board the base color of the house and attaching where the lattice is pieced? Perhaps also paint the strips between the arches, white. Is this cheesy? I know that someone suggested some flexible trim for the arches, but the kids just cannot do that right now.

MOCK_UP 1

MOCK_UP 2

Here is a link that might be useful: Original thread asking for help

Comments (21)