SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizbartlett

Why can't I get this?!!

lizzie_grow
13 years ago

Can you color savvy people help me? We bought our current home four years ago & for the most part liked the existing paint colors & have changed the rooms we didn't like, except for our office.

The office is off the foyer with glass french doors (paned) & the foyer, LR, and up the stairs are painted Devine "Oak" which is a goldish, brownish yellow tone & we love it. However, the office color is a dead green. It only has one window with an eastern exposure & the house next door is close, so not a lot of light gets into that room.

Desk is darkish cherry, and we have a woven chair with tropical print in greens, some deep red, and a family chest that is a medium green. The logical choice is to go with color similar to the Oak, but for some reason, I'm avoiding it...maybe too much of a good thing? I found a deep aqua teal color that I love, but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part to think it will work. I do know the room need some "life" in the color. Oh, the carpet is neutral.

Can you help me with this...I feel the room calls for a rich color, but maybe not! Thank you color savvy gurus!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County