SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolyn1960_gw

dealing w/ boyfriend's ex wife and grown children

carolyn1960
15 years ago

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and haven't seen anything quite like my problem. I hope some one can help. My boyfriend and I have been living together for the last 12 years except for a break up of a few months 2 years ago. He has two grown children with his ex wife. I have a grown child as well and 2 grandchildren. My boyfriend considers my grand children his own as do my grand children consider him grand pa. When his children were younger, I made sure to stay out of situations invloving his ex. She'd call all the time etc, etc. I just met her a few months ago. I am sure that through the years she has manipulated the children against me because although they show some respect towards me, we are not really close. In any event, now they are grown and the manipulation seems to be getting worse. She has told them lies about our temporary split and gotten the children to become pretty cold towards me. They have not included me in some life events. My boyfriend has talked to them and told them how important our relationship is to him and they have reluctantly included me after that but now when we are at "family" social functions,the ex rolls her eyes at me etc, etc- which makes things quite uncomfortable. The others at these family functions seem to like me w/ the exception of his ex wife's sisters. Any way I don't know how to handle this and I can't imagine what she will dream up next. So far I have just ignored her, but after all her indirect and now direct hostility I really can't stand her. Please advise.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville