SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurels4u

Stress with summer visitation schedule

laurels4u
16 years ago

SS came home from BMs yesterday and poop hit the fan yet again in our house. For two weeks, my husband and I had peace in our lives and almost no drama. I should've known something was going to go down when I asked DH about a week ago how SS was doing with the BM and he said SS hadn't called him at all. In the past, SS had claimed BM wouldn't let him call his dad so dad bought him a cell phone so he could call when he wanted. When that didn't work and SS still wasn't calling, DH took the cell phone and it's sitting on our dresser collecting dust.

I hate the amount of stress and drama that are associated with these visits because I see how angry they make my husband. All he asks of SS is to call him to let him know how he's doing and that he's ok. I'm beginning to think SS is purposely ignoring his dad while he's with his mom. I sat in on the angry conversation yesterday between SS and DH, and SS quite clearly stated that he could call home anytime he wanted to but just didn't because he was too busy playing. When DH called the ex's cell phone to make sure of pickup time he had to leave a voicemail, and SS didn't call my DH back until four hours later at 11:00 pm. Maybe I'm a bit backwards but that's awfully late for a 12-year-old boy to be coming in not knowing where his mother is?

Anyhow, I am beginning to worry that the next time SS leaves, it's going to be for good since it will the last two week visit before school is going to begin. I don't know what to say to DH or if I should keep my mouth closed. We did try to get SS in to counseling but my DH won't ask BM for permission to treat so that's a dead end avenue. I told DH to start calling SS while he's with BM but he won't because he says BM will start trouble by saying he's harrassing her and SS during their visitation. I can see her doing that but I don't see anything wrong with DH calling once or twice a week like she does.

Comments (2)