SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

setting the kids up for diappointment

mom2emall
15 years ago

The other day the kids talked to bm and she told them that after the 1st of the year she is planning on moving back to our state.

This comment bothered me in so many ways!

First of all she could not afford to live here before she left, that was part of her reason for leaving. Since she has been out of state her and bf have lived with their families, then gotton their own place, then moved back in with families, etc. This back and forth is because they have not been able to support themselves. BM always complains to kids how broke she is. And the cost of living is far more expensive here then where they are living. So how is she coming up with the money needed to move so far? How will she survive out here now with not one but 2 young children under 3? Her bf has a high school education and she took maybe 2 college classes total. Neither of them have had jobs that pay over $10 an hour. Its always low paying jobs that a college freshman could probably get. This is probably just an empty promise to the kids that is just going to let them down again.

Second of all she is going to hurt them more by living here and not seeing them. At least being so far away she has an excuse for not seeing them now. She used to tell the kids she was picking them up on days and then she did not show up. That disappointment was far worse then her living out of state right now and not calling. I do not want to have the kids go through that again.

Third, I do not want to have to deal with her so often! I know, selfish----but its true. Also, I know this is even more selfish, but I do not want the kids to feel differently about me. Right now they treat me as if I am their mom. They all call me mom and refer to me as mom to their friends and their friends families. I am afraid that if bm is here again that she will try to get them to stop calling me mom by guilting them and will try to undermine me with the kids. I remember the time my ss was little and came home from a visit with her saying "mommy says I do not love you". I do not want to deal with her talking about me to them all the time again. At least now she does not do it because her contact is on the phone.

Lastly, when they did visit her in state they saw some pretty bad things. Such as moms bf getting drunk and mean, mom and bf breaking items, cops coming, bm crying, etc. Don't want to have to deal with that again.

So I am sitting here having my own pity party :(

Comments (9)