SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

Kid’s Closing Date Moved Up, I’m Madly Decorating!

Kswl
last year
last modified: last year

DD and fam are building a house 45 min from us in a new development. Their project foreman called last week and said they would be finished a month before they anticipated. We are ecstatic and they are panicked. 😎 This is a big house and they have maybe a third of the furniture they need. I offered to shop for them and decorate months ago and DD did not like anything I proposed. She liked the model home (and hey are getting an almost clone of it) so I offered to just copy that but she felt it was too modern. She likes modern farmhouse but says she wants something more original. I’ve been the voice of impending doom, warning about shipping delays and them having no place to sit in their great room (they are putting their current LR furnitire upstairs in the loft).

I may have posted this mock up before. She had rejected this previously but asked to see it again yesterday when she and I toured the house to check on the progress. She decided she liked it after all, so I have either got or ordered everything except the blue chairs, which she doesnt like.

For some reason the curtain panels look red. They are actually burnt orange with a large ikat pattern, heavy cotton, lined and weighted, from HalfPriceDrapes.com I do need to find a different round coffee table, DD doesnt like that one, and different blue chairs.

Any ideas for the chairs? Medium blue in a performance fabric, no skirt, normal to smaller footprint, nothing overside or with big rolled arms. We are trying to get a copy of the front elevation drawing from the builders set of blueprints to frame for this room. (The one in the mock up is not their house, just the art that inspired my idea.) Ive ordered the rug in 9.5‘ x 12.5’, bought the sofa and curtains, have the pillows and open shelving, and also bought this today

for the other side of the fireplace (open shelving wood and iron thingie on one side).

Blue chairs, anyone?

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations