SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Not playing her game......

incognitomom
12 years ago

BM texted the other day that she had a package for the kids. She said she has a day off work coming up this Saturday and wanted to take them that day and give them the package. If that does not work she was going to drop the package off yesterday after work.

So I said that the kids were not available Saturday, but she was welcome to drop the package off yesterday. I warned her that the kids would not be home when she got off yesterday though because they were all going to be with my sister overnight. A while later she texts that oops she realized she is off work Friday so can she have them that day. I texted back we will be gone all weekend because of the holiday (4th of July). We are going to a friends lake house.

She sent back that she knows the kids are busy and she will drop the package off after work (yesterday). I could not help myself and sent back that "ya they are busy....but when your parents come into town at the end of the summer I am sure you will get to spend some time with the kids". No response from her and she dropped off the package yesterday (which was from her parents recent trip out of the country---they got her little kids and my stepkids a few gifts from their trip and sent them all to her).

I know what she is trying to do. She ignores the kids pretty much all year since her parents visit last summer and now she is trying to start playing "mommy" so she can know a little about the kids lives and interests so she can impress her parents with this mommy act. She will have pictures of the kids at her house and talk about little things that happened when they visited and make it seem like they see eachother all the time. Then as soon as her parents visit is over bm will disappear again and the kids will be devestated because she played mommy for a few months and got their hopes up that it was not an act.

I am done allowing that to happen. The kids will continue to be busy and she can just wait till her parents visit to see them. If I really thought that this time would be different the kids could see her more.....but we have played this game for years and I am done letting her win at the kids expense. Being a mom is not a game.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County