SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happywifehappylife_gw

New Step Daughter Issues

HappyWifeHappyLife
11 years ago

How do I get the drive to " make it happen " it being a good solid relationship with a 13 year old that has quite frankly caused me so much heartache and I have yet to meet her.
..This little girl is disrespectful to her Father, has manipulated us with her " Im coming then Im not" games.. She has cost us financially with flights bought and refusal to get on them. She almost was successful in ruining our wedding with her antics of promise to be in the wedding after the expense of her dress her shoes her headbands undergarments..Her Daddy didn't get her Nike shoes quick enough so she refused to be in it.. She will not text her Dad unless she wants something..She plays games..

Her older Brother visits, was in the wedding and supports his Father and I happily. We have no support from the Mother at all....( That is a whole other issue ) Ex wife issues..

My issue is this because of her playing and her crying wolf.. I don't have the desire to play her games. I no longer send her care packages, pay her cell phone bill ( why should we she doesn't bother returning her Fathers daily I love you text ) Ive stopped it all..my motto is even with my own son's " I dont and wont reward bad behavior"
My Husband is seeing the light thank goodness but I'm sadden that I have this lack of making things work.. She text her Dad the other day say.." oh daddy I want to visit this Summer I love and miss you , and of course meet G"
I rolled my eyes.. and truth be known I have no desire to have her around me.. these feelings are so out of my character I've always found the good in every soul I have met..I love children.. This is killing me but at the same time " I'M DONE " ..
Has anyone been in my high heels?...
Thanks for reading :)

Comments (6)