SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mother2008

Terrified of stepson and brother in law

mother2008
15 years ago

My husband and I married 2.5 years ago. Second marriage for each of us. His first wife died, I was divorced. Our children are all grown with the exception of his 15 yo daughter. She is beligerent, cusses me and her dad out, refuses to do anything around the house, etc. My youngest daughter is at college. My oldest (23yo) is disabled and functions around 8-9 yo. She also lives with us. My step-son is 24. 6'5" 300+ pounds. (I am petite at 5'2") His son did lewd things to me when we first married and I have been terrified of him since. My husband doesn't understand because his son "wouldn't hurt anyone". Our counselor had made it clear to my husband that he must protect me at all costs from his son. Hubby just doesn't get it, or rather refuses to get it. My brother in law cusses me out and stalks me. I have never spoken to him and am equally terrified of him. (He carries a concealed weapon at all times.)Once again, hubby doesn't "get" why I am afraid of these guys. Brother in law is 6'6", also 300+. Step daughter (6'0" - 230 pounds) is nasty and dad allows her to control him big time. I never saw the extent of the problem until after the marriage. This family goes to great length to keep their issues within the family. Is there any hope? or will my only choice be to leave him? My counselor said she would have had these two arrested for what they've done to me.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor