SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcubana

Bad day!

dcubana
16 years ago

I need to vent right now before i explode!! I am having a HHHHHHHHHHHORRIBLE day!!I woke up this morning with a toothache,but since i have no-one to sit with the kids i can't go to the dentist. It turns out my husband was called in and has to work this weekend!!!!He came home last night and whined about how much it sucked that he would have to work for the next 12 days without any days off...I had to really force myself not to blurt out something like, "yeah? You wanna stay home with 5 kids for the next 12 days instead?You wanted this stupid job more than anything in the world so now just DEAL WITH IT!!"

(He works for the NBA,so i guess its every basketball fan's dream to work there.)The only problem is the shifting squedule every week!! He can work anywhere from 7am to 10pm on any given day,and sometimes he has to work the weekends also.

I'm a stay at home mom-and although i also work part time,its a hassle to try to work around his changing "squedule"....not to mention deal with our 5 kids by myself.

I really feel as if i am reaching my boiling point here.I am not one to give up- but i'm starting to think that this is more than i could handle.Did i mention my daughter is constantly arguing and fighting with my stepkids? She has had a really hard time adjusting after the incident with the eldest.She just doesn't want to live here and tells me "we should leave" all the time.she just told me she "wished it was like it was before with me,her and her bro" (and i can't say i disagree with that sometimes-like right now)It seems like i spend so much of my day playing the referee that i'm never able to get things done on time!!Last night we didn't have dinner until 8:30pm!! I just feel like my whole world is spinning out of control and i'm barely holding on here.

I love my husband very much but i'm starting to feel as if i'm not strong enough to deal with this.Its like i am giving so much of myself here,and for what? We have like practically no intimacy anymore!!! By the time he comes home at night-on most days if he asks me to sit with him and watch something,i'm asleep within the first hour.Im just exhausted at the end of the day...not too long ago i remmember i fell asleep when we about to have sex.(that was soooo embarrasing!) i'm just finding it really hard to raise 5 kids and having any energy left to do anything else but sleep!

Ok i feel better know....

thanks for listening-

Comments (5)