SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19722038

Really Bad Day

10 years ago

I had to go to the far end of the county for something yesterday, so decided to stop at Joann's with my mega-coupons. There was one particular coupon that stated 50 percent off total thread purchase. I like Guitterman's cotton thread so decided to at least get a large spool of black and white. I also cruised by the discount shelf to see if there was anything there. I did see something but wanted to double-check with staff - there was a sign that said 50 percent off red-tag items but I wanted to make sure that it was off the tagged price or were they already marked off 50 percent. The woman looked at me like I was stupid for asking and said it's 50 percent off the tagged price. Ok, so I snatch up the bolt that was marked at 4 dollars a yard, expecting it to be 2 dollars a yard. There was 6 yards of it and I took it all. Then I also picked up a chalk wheel that wasn't on sale and planned to use another coupon I had for 50 percent off. I get to the cashier and the same one I asked was running the cash register. So she looks at the fabric and says "oh, this fabric isn't what I was talking about, it's just the home-dec remnants that are 50 percent off. I showed her the ticket that it was indeed what she had said so that was solved. Then she said I could only use the thread coupon for one spool, I would have to come up with another coupon for the other one. I showed her what the coupon said about the "total" thread purchase but she kept insisting that wasn't what it meant. So then I finally convinced her and she kept trying to beep the coupon after each spool of thread and it completely messed up the register total. Then she beeped in the chalk wheel and it wouldn't come up in the register. She finally had to cancel out everything completely and start over. Again, she did the same thing and the same thing happened. Finally, she got a call to go to the back for a delivery and another clerk took over, she started all over again and everything came out fine. The store was a mess and there were only 3 people working in that store and it was only ten in the morning, I can't imagine what this woman's day was like for the rest of the day. Or her poor customers. I blame Joann's upper management for this, they don't hire enough staff to manage the store, they promote these huge sales with very confusing coupons, the people come in and trash the store and they don't have the staff to straighten it up. There was a sign at the front that they were hiring, I wonder if it's because they really want to improve the store or because the staff have fled to save their sanity??

Comments (18)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor