SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie5162

My daughter and husband fight constantly

debbie5162
10 years ago

I have two daughters in their twenties, my husband has a son and a daughter in their 30's.

We have dated for 15 years and decided 5 years ago that are kids were finally grown up and it was time to move on and get married. All four of our children are on their own and we have three grandchildren. My husband has two and my daughter just gave me my first.

There is a LOT of jealously between our three daughters and this is putting a strain on our marriage. Mostly because my husband feels that his daughter does no wrong and all the wrong is done by my two daughters. All we ague about is our kids. I am not sure if I can stay in this marriage any longer, even though I love this man very much.

My youngest daughter just gave me my first grandson and I am planning her wedding for this summer. She came to stay with me for a few day with the new baby so we could have her bridal shower. My husband was already upset because he beieves that we all need to be "one big happy family" and he confronted my daughter with some issues that have been bothering him. He says we ignore his grandchildren and I spend more time doting on my own grandson. To be fair, my grandson lives 400 mikes away and his kids 20 miles. I gave always treated my husbands children and grand children as my own and all I expect from him is the same respect .

When confronted by my husband, My daughter apologized immediatly for what he was complaining about, and I think he was surprised by her fast apology, so he decided to keep going. He has a bad habit of constantly throwing the past into people faces, well, It turned into a full blow out fight between the two of them. My daughter, my grandson and I were all hysterical. I was devasted, he threw them out of my home and she says she is never coming back with my grandson as long as my husband is there.

I have not stopped crying and I don't know what to do to make this nightmare go away. My husband realized what he did was wrong and asked what to do to make it right - he went to my daughter the next day and apologized. But, He doesn't understand the damage he has done and all he wants to do is say "sorry" and experts me to kiss and make up.

Initially, My daughter agreed they should try to get along for my sake . But now she tells me that she is done with him and will never come over - she says I am unhappy and lonely and wants me to divorce him. She says he is the cause of all my stress and the reason I had my heart attack last year.

I need help - I spoke to a therapist last year and she tried to help me thru these problems, but nothing was solved.

Please - I need to get my daughter and my husband on the same page. I don't expect a loving father daughter relationship, but I at least want them to get along for my sake. I love them both and don't want to choose.

I miss my grandson and need help making this right. What should I do?

Comments (5)