SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iris_07

Completely Frustrated

iris_07
16 years ago

I am very new to this posting thing.......but I feel completely frustrated. So, here goes I guess.

I have a 15 year old SD. I have been married to her father for 6 years. We dated 1 year before we got married. The ex is satan and I am not joking about that. We took emergency custody when SD turned 12 and had an all out WAR in court with this woman. She has tried everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, to come between us. She even called me the day after we got engaged to tell me she could get him back any time she wanted him, and I laughed at her. He wants NOTHING to do with her and I know it. They had been divorced almost 10 years when she pulled this stunt and she was remarried with 3 or maybe 4 other kids at that time. The ex has been committed (mentally) 3 times that we know of, she and her 2nd husband seperated about 8 months ago and are almost divorced, she is NOT a good person. She abuses drugs and alcohol, she constantly cheated on hubby #2, from everything I can figure she is bi-polar but has other serious mental issues as well. After hubby was awarded custody we devised a visitation agreement. She bent it to her whim for 2 months then things got crazy. The cops were called because she was prancing around her house with a .22 threatening to shoot her "friends" (with her other kids home). The following week she had been beat up by some of her "friends" but ran to the court and told the judge (still haven't figured this one out yet) that she had been jumped, beaten, and raped. We had filed papers 4 days before she had gotten beaten up with the court to have supervised visitation reinstated. A week later she moved out of state (huge sigh of relief). She was MIA for 3 weeks, no phone calls, nothing to her daughter. She starts calling her telling her the reason she moved was because she couldn't stand not seeing her daughter. Keep in mind, the visitation agreement we drew up and she agreed to gave her very liberal visitation, which she neglected to utilize when she lived 30 miles away. So, once we found her we drafted a new visitation agreement that everyone agreed to. It was vary specific because when you deal with her you have to be specific or she will do as she pleases. It was basically every other x-mas, one year she got her for winter break, the next it was spring break, phone calls at 8pm every sunday and thursday so sd could talk to her brother and sisters, and every year 4 weeks in the summer that varied by 2 days due to SD's b-day, she pays for all airfare - non refundable and unaccompanied minor airfare only between 8 am and 8 pm. Well, last summer SD was there for her 15th b-day. The ex gave her a joint, a six-pack of corona and a tattoo for her birthday. SD only stayed 13 days then we get a call from her at an airport saying she's coming home and we need to pick her up. Not a word about it from the ex. No unaccompanied minor airfare fee paid, the kid was on her own - which was against the court order. Needless to say we found out about the joint, beer, tattoo etc and went back to court and visitation is now suspended. SD has been out of control off an on for the last year. The hubby and I have had some huge fights over her and I don't know what to do anymore. She gets mad at us and is on the phone with the ex. She's not mad at us and she won't call her for weeks on end. She plays the game well in order to guilt her father into what she wants. I want her mentally tested, he won't hear of it. I want to put her in counseling, he acts like I want her committed. We can not agree on anything anymore. I've literally tried everthing. Disassociating, involvement, everything. I have no clue what to do anymore. Any ideas? I'm tired of fighting with my husband about this and I'm tired of my home being a battle ground.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County