SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedoll_gw

nourison rug help needed ....help appreciated

dixiedoll
9 years ago

I am the first to say I am decorator challenged and will gladly take any suggestions. I do not know how to post pics so please pardon me in advance. I have a home that is similar in design to the Evangeline Parrish . William Poole , the architect, has a few pics on his website showing the style (or at least he did a while back). Anyway, I purchased
a rug by Nourison. The style,Vallencierre, is VA02 on the rugs direct.com site. I got an 8 x 10 to use in my formal dining room which is the first room on the right as you enter my home. Upon entering my home I desperately need a runner or rug for the entry something that won't clash with the VA02 as it is in close proximity. The dining room is open with no door seperating this area. I have an inlaid design in the entry way but i think this is going to have to be covered up due to my need for a rug/runner. After you enter there is an
archway and then steps leading to the second floor. My dh says maybe a runner at the entry and then a rug in
the area right before you head up the stairs. he measured and thinks a 3ft 6in x 5ft 6 in. would work. To me it seems like a lot of different rugs breaking up the
area. If anyone could offer suggestions as to what would compliment the rug i already have I'd appreciate it. One lady suggested VA26 which is made by the same company. I'd like to find something reasonably priced, if possible. My home has a laid back Southern Living feel
at least that's what i am trying to accomplish. Most of my furnshings are by Century in the dining room. In the small formal living room (across from the dining room)
I have an antique Duncan Phyfe (sp?) sofa, a fern stand,
some Roseville pottery etc. I explained this just to give you an idea of what I have to work with in place already.
If you have any thoughts regarding a rug or something that would look nice with what is already in place I'd appreciate it, My room color is a soft yellow in both rooms and entryway. Thanks for any help and sorry there are no pics. Dixie

Comments (5)