SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancynancy_gw

Hi. I'm new to the Sewing Forum and to sewing

nancynancy
18 years ago

Hi. I'm new to the sewing forum but I've often posted on the home decorating and furniture forums. Santa paid an early visit to my house. Yesterday, my husband and I went to the store, and I got a wonderful Christmas present -- a sewing machine.

I'm so excited. I haven't used a sewing machine since I was a teenager and never progressed beyond absolute beginner. But I'm very motivated now. I'm planning to study and practice until I'm good enough to redo all the throw pillows and seat cushions I made with my glue gun.

Yesterday, I unpacked the machine and started to practice. I took some old pinstriped sheets and spent a couple of hours sewing in a straight line following the stripes and turning corners. I'm amazed I was able to get completely straight, professional looking stitches. The machine (a Bernette 80e) has an extra slow setting and needle up-down half stitch button that made everything so easy. It also has more than enough power to handle four layers of decorator fabric with a heavy fringe.

I can't wait until January because that's when my 10 hours of free sewing classes begin. Then I'll be redoing twenty throw pillows and ten chair cushions. After that, I planning to make placemats, a round table cloth, a roman shade and warm fleece coats for my two little dogs. Sorry Glue Gun, your days are numbered. LOL.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES