SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_2_4_gw

SD's Lack of Independence -- AGAIN!!

mom_2_4
21 years ago

OK -- it's time for me to let off some steam again, and maybe you guys can offer more suggestions.

It's now drawing near the end of our quarterly 2 week visitation with my 9 yr old SD, and I'm at my wit's end. It's not the Kool-Aid she spilled on the floor because she doesn't know how to pour a drink. It's not the way she tries to make my 3 year old call her "mommy" so she can boss her around. It's not the baby talk. It's not even the constant interruptions into adult conversations. And no, it's not even her need to be the center of attention all the time. And, as irritating as it was, it's not the way she dirtied our brand new dining room chair because she rubbed her shoes all over the seat (oh, and ketchup, too!).

What got me? SHE HASN'T BRUSHED HER TEETH IN ONE WEEK! Why? Because nobody followed her into the bathroom to make sure she did! Each night we tell our girls to change and brush their teeth to get ready for bed. So, now we know that she won't do it unless someone MAKES her. Yet another example of her mother's awful doing -- my SD cannot do anything on her own. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. GAWD, even our 3 year old often takes the initiative in the evening by bringing her toothbrush to me to help her BEFORE we even ask!

GRRRRRRRRR....... yes, I do care about SD, but sometimes I just want to run and hide from her constant need for attention and direction! It is so frustrating that she can't spend more time here to learn from us since BM insists on doing all of SD's thinking for her.

OK -- I feel better already! Just being able to do a virtual "scream" here makes a big difference, doesn't it?

Comments (6)