SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Ordered my first stencil....

pps7
12 years ago

Hello everyone! I just ordered my first stencil and can use some advice. I'll be using the stencil in my office:

It's for the wall space between the desktop and upper cabinets. Right now, I've got photographs, coupons, the school calender taped on there. The space measures 23" tall and the stencil is 22.5" so hopefully that will make it easier. I plan to line it up with the upper cabinets b/c they should be level. But first I want to prime the space with magnetic primer. I've read mixed reviews on rustoleum primer. This product seems to get better reviews-has anyone used it?

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Magnetic-Paint-Magprime-1-Magn/dp/B0007KRDK8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1310150764&sr=8-3

Second, the magnetic primer is quite dark, so I will need a dark base color. Any suggestions? I did like the niche that gobruno did a while back and she used BM dragonfly or maybe BM sea haze.

Third, I was going to use the wall current wall color as the stencil color to tie the space together. The current color is BM natural cream which is close to BM edgecomb gray. Can I use regular interior latex paint or do I want something thicker?

Last question? Should I use a stencil brush, or a make up sponge? I've linked the stencil below. Thanks for putting up with this newbie's questions!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (10)