SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Creative minds needed to tie in granite w/lots of mix (pics)

jterrilynn
13 years ago

Hi all, I really need your help with some alternative ideas for my kitchen countertops. What I want is soapstone but do not think it will be in budget, 2nd choice is Jet mist but IÂm having a hard time finding it in my area. Below you will see my little oak kitchen as it is now and pictures of new kitchens picks already ordered. Imagine the pantry gone and the range moved over a foot with the rest cabinetry, plus the eat-in counter sink area (not shown) will all be one level. For the top cabinets IÂm using the butter cream in a Madison door, some have center stiles and mullions for glass or mirrorÂthose cabs are 36" tall with 18" cabs stacked on top. Base cabs are the mid to dark cherry in Madison door and are mostly drawers. The frig has been replaced with a counter depth KA French door. I have another little pantry around the corner where little used specialty items live; they will have a new home in the stacked cabs so I can utilize area for other. My glass tile backsplash should be here any day although I did not order enough for behind range (need to think on that). The butter yellow-y cabinets are making it difficult to find granite that tie in my picks. I have taken the sample cabs & backsplash around to a few places and everything I have looked at seems to give the butter cream yellow too much POP.

Any ideas or suggestions on granites would be appreciatedÂoh and I need something that is less likely to show tea, red wine, peanut butter ect. I think IÂm going for a sort of organic chic look if that makes any sense, not sure what category I fall in.

Comments (8)