SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshinetm

Need help with paint color & a lot of other stuff Lots of pics

sunshinetm
13 years ago

OK now I need help deciding the paint color for my bathroom makeover...(seems I can't make a decision on my own for anything!!! LOL The theme is log cabin/rustic & I want to tie it in with the bedroom which had pine boards all the way to the ceiling. I would love to paint the top of the walls dark red (my favorite color at the moment) or a hunter type of green. Problem is, I do Not want it to be too dark in there. I will have 5 lights available but they won't all be turned on all the time & a 4' skylight but still worry about it being to dark with these dark colors. I thought I had decided on a Valspar color of golden delicious, looked good in there with the lighting but still not sure.

(http://www.materials-world.com/paint-colors/valspar_lows_laura_ashley/valspar_lowes_tradition/valspar_lowes_tradition_33.htm)

When I look at log cabin & rustic pics all I see is neutral/natural colors. I love the log cabin look but also like color...since everything in here will be neutral colors what color could I add to the top half of the walls to add some color? Or would you just add color in the accessories...& if so, what color would you add? The picture here of the tile we are having put in is both brown & grey depending on the piece, angle & the light. Also the clear has not been added to the wood yet which will make it look warmer like the bedroom. What color do all of the creative minds here suggest? Also, what color should the ceiling be painted? Same as the walls? If not, what color? What color for the door? The trim & chair rail will match the pine stained boards on lower part of the wall. Also, I need an extra long shower curtain & do not like the choices available that I have seen in stores & online. Would it be ok to put a plain color curtain liner & then put regular curtains on the outside for decorating purposes? If so, what type of fabric should I be looking for? I was hoping that with a curtain I could add more personality & color but this has proven to be more of a hassle then anything. Below is the link to my previous posts, where it all began. Thanks for any input, Terri

">

">

">

">

">

">

">

My bedroom

">

Here is a link that might be useful: Starting thread

Comments (9)