SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meg711_gw

figuring out designer's fees; need to resolve

meg711
15 years ago

Long story short: We ordered our outdoor furniture back in December. We were supposed to get it in early-April but apparently there had been a problem during the shipping, and almost everything got damaged. Our designer didn't tell us the whole story until I pushed to find out what the delay was. She kept saying soon. Things are being replaced in drips and drabs.

I'm too aggravated to go into the details, but the designer did part of the "install" yesterday while I'm out of town. (She says she never got my email that I wanted to be there.) Turns out they moved my grill but not the old glass table top, so now I've got to move all the furniture to get the old table top off my deck and to put down the rug. So she didn't do me any favors.

Now she will have to come back once or twice more with other pieces. I'm pretty sure she's going to bill me for every time she has to come out to my house, and probably for all the emails about scheduling, etc. My neighbor says that there's no way I should pay for the emails regarding the problems. And I'm thinking I should pay for only one installation, not three.

What do you think? This is someone I will probably continue to see around town, so I don't want it to end badly, but I think there has been a considerable lack of customer service. I know the delays were not her fault, but I'm bristling about how everything has gone. We're in the PNW and summer is almost over now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (13)