SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancynancy_gw

Tell us about your sewing room

nancynancy
18 years ago

Last month I got my first sewing machine (Santa brought it a few weeks early) and began learning to sew. Since then I've been sewing for several hours a day and simply love my new hobby. I don't have a real sewing room, but I've placed my machine on a desk in my den. I use two smooth brick like bookends propped up with paperback books to improvise a sewing machine table extension. I store all my accessories and notions in a cheap plastic rolling cart with drawers, and I keep my sewing machine in the closet when I'm not using it. I do my ironing and cutting on top of my washer and my dryer, which are right outside my den. For really big projects I use my dining room table or living room floor.

I'd love to set up an efficient sewing area in my den with enough workspace to handle all my home dec projects. I've seen the Koala Cabinets at my local dealer. They're expensive but seem very well designed and solidly built. The one I want (the smallest Koala Cub in the rosewood finish) is the perfect size and color to blend in perfectly with the rest of the furniture in my den). At $700 it would cost as much as my new Bernina, but I'd love Santa to bring it to me next Christmas.

Tell us about your sewing room. Do you have a dedicated sewing room, a permanent sewing area in another room, or are you improvising? Do you have a special sewing cabinet? How well is your arrangement working? Is there a cabinet or table you've found or wish you had to make your sewing time more productive and enjoyable?

Comments (9)