SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ntaylor_2006

Raccoons!!

ntaylor_2006
17 years ago

Help!! They have gotten into the old attic in my house - again! I thought I got rid of them two winters ago, and sealed up their access. This winter, I could hear them tap dancing over the LR. I have a live trap, when the weather warmed a bit, I baited my live trap with peanut butter and waited for a score. About midnight, I peeked out to the back deck, and saw 3 (yes, 3) circling the trap, obviously egging each other on (you taste it, no - you taste it!!). So, great, I caught one the first night! Off he went for a trip to the country. So, one down two to go. I baited and waited! Second night, second score! This was working great - another quick trip to the country. I had to wait a week, so that I was on a day off, and the trap was baited again. Again, at midnight, I checked the back deck, and lo, there were 3 of them, 2 seemed like they were pushing one into the cage!!!

To cut to the chase, I caught 4 of them, but apparently Momma is the smartest of all. So, now I have babies in the attic - I can't trap her, or I end up with dead babies in the attic. I am imaging that smell come July. Does anyone have any idea when the babies leave on their own?? I really want to get this over with!!!

Help!!!!

Comments (4)