SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shazlaur

Recommendations for bathroom/general contractors in Santa Barbara

shazlaur
13 years ago

This is my first post on gardenweb, though I've been scouring the bathroom and kitchen forums for many weeks. I have found this site incredibly useful and finally got up the courage to post, after reading the "Best questions to prescreen bathroom contractors?" post in Bathrooms.

My partner and I have just purchased our first home in southern Santa Barbara county. We're going to jump right into a bathroom renovation once we close in late August. We plan to rip out everything and start from scratch, plus demo a small room adjacent to the equally small bathroom to make a larger bathroom. (This is the major project of renovations we plan; the others are re-doing some floors, some cabinet/layout tweaks to the kitchen, etc.). We've had a few contractors out to give us quotes and while we're generally happy with the quotes we've received, the contractors themselves have been remarkably flaky. We can't get them to call or write us back, and not many GCs have websites in SB County it seems with pictures showcasing their work. Perhaps they don't take us seriously because the time to start work is so far away?

I am hoping someone could recommend a general and/or bathroom contractor in Santa Barbara or Ventura County in California. We're open to having a couple different contractors on site doing work. A bathroom/tile person is the most critical, with flooring and general work following.

If this is the wrong forum to ask these questions, please let me know and I'll move it. Thanks for any help.

Comments (2)