SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfca37

Quite A Difference In Picture Framing Shop Prices

kfca37
14 years ago

A couple of months ago I bought a large framed print at a garage sale for my living room for $75, which i just love. However, considering its best room placement, I decided to switch out the regular glass for non-glare. I took it to "Michael's", I guess a national chain (?) which is heavy on crafts but also has a picture framing department in the back of the store. The price they quoted for doing this & reassembling (no new frame, no new mat) & ready to hang was $120.

I decided to just think about this as it did sound awfully high, so a few days later I stopped into a little framing shop closer to our neighborhood. I didn't have the picture with me this time, only told her it was about 36" x 36", and she quoted me a price of $60 for the very exact same thing "Michael's" quoted on.

Today I again stopped in the little frame shop, but this time with the picture in tow. I was amazed she remembered me two weeks later. Said since the picture turned out to be only 32" x 32", the price would be $50 rather than the $60 she had earlier quoted me. Recall Michael's quote was $120 measuring & knowing the exact size of the picture.

Guess which one I went with?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!